Here is an overview:
- HOME: I grew up in Baltimore city, on the east coast of the USA. After roughly a decade studying and living in Washington, DC, the District has come to feel like my true home back in the States. That said, after so much time on the move, home becomes harder to pin down.
- STUDY ABROAD: After summers in France during high school, in college I spent six months studying Arabic in Damascus, Syria and Amman, Jordan, and studied Swahili and ecology for a summer in Tanzania.
- BUSINESS TRIPS: Work has taken me to some fascinating places: Sierra Leone, Iraq, Rwanda, Mauritania, Morocco, and Algeria.
- LIVING ABROAD: On something of a whim, I moved to Morocco in 2008, and lived in Fes and then Rabat for over a year. In mid-2013, I moved to Algiers, Algeria, where I live today. It is the best! Read some of my dispatches and you'll see why.
- VACATIONS: I have also been lucky to take some great vacations to destinations as diverse as the Democratic Republic of Congo, Lebanon, Mozambique, the Grenadines, Ethiopia, Ireland, Kenya, Portugal, and more.
- GUEST POSTS: Some generous fellow travelers have also kindly shared their stories here on Ibn Ibn Battuta, chief among them my friend Gavin during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Zoom as needed, and click to view individual entries: